Syringe Service Program
Being Alive SSP is safe space for people who use drugs. Participants have access to:
- Free sterile needles & Syringes
- Safe Disposal of Needles and Syringes
- Safer Smoking Supplies
- Overdose Treatment and Education
- HIV Testing & referrals to treatment
- Condoms and PrEp resources
- Referral to free or low-cost mental health services
- Referral to substance use disorder treatment including medication assisted treatment (MAT)
Nearly thirty years of research shows that comprehensive SSPs are safe, effective, and cost saving, do not increase illegal drug use or crime, and play an important role in reducing the transmission of infectious diseases.
Our SSP has a focus on people who inject drugs, but also individuals who use insulin, hormones, steroids, or other injectable treatments are welcome to exchange and dispose of needles with Being Alive LA too.
These resources are to help prevent hepatitis, HIV and abscesses. Our staff has been trained and equipped to reverse opioid overdoses.
Current hours of operation:
Tuesdays & Fridays
9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saban Community Clinic
6043 Hollywood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Minority AIDS Project (MAP)
5149 W. Jefferson Blvd. (Sycamore Entrance)
Los Angeles, CA 90018
9:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
3055 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010
4:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Behind AHF Pharmacy
8212 Santa Monica Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90046